- 6am The temperature outside is already 39 degrees Celcius
- 11am Jan is eating Göttespeise pudding and yoghurt
- 12pm During his physiotherapy session, Jan practises sitting, which is a big task at the moment
- 1pm A priest advises Jan on how to best move forward in a situation like ours
- 2.30pm A psychologist visits Jan and advises him on how to deal with daydreaming and nightmares
- 4pm While changing Jan’s position in bed, liquids move into his lungs and Jan stops receiving air. This happens in under a half a minute but causes us a lot of stress. Doctors give Jan a deep lung cleaning immediately after this happened.
Jan expresses his joy when eating for the first time on his own after so long.